APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE 2016 PROGRAM
Please complete the contact form below to receive information
Established in 1982 by Edward B. Diethrich, MD, an internationally-renowned cardiovascular surgeon, the Arizona Heart Foundation School of Cardiac Ultrasound was the first program in the United States dedicated to the development of tomorrow’s sonographers. The program has evolved to include the ever-changing field of vascular sonography and is now known as the School of Cardiac & Vascular Ultrasound.
The comprehensive 12-month program is offered once a year and includes classroom instruction, extensive hands-on scanning experience and clinical rotations. The program is designed for individuals currently working in the field of ultrasound or who are considering entering the profession.
Our nationally-recognized instructors, Terry Reynolds, BS, RDCS, and Gail Size, BS, RPhS, RVS, RVT, FSVU, literally “Wrote the Books” for today’s cardiovascular ultrasound professionals. No other program has made comparable literary contributions to cardiovascular sonography.
Our faculty’s expertise, coupled with small class sizes, not only prepares our students for the national registry exams but also results in graduates with a discernible difference. More than 500 highly-qualified sonographers have graduated from the program. Our graduates provide quality patient care, possess leadership positions in their profession, and dedicate themselves as life-long learners.
The Arizona Heart Foundation School of Cardiac & Vascular Ultrasound offers a comprehensive program designed to provide an in-depth clinical experience that will enable the students to produce accurate, high-quality echocardiographic images. Students acquire the knowledge needed to make the distinction between normal cardiac anatomy and cardiac pathology. In addition, the program emphasizes an understanding of basic cardiology and ancillary cardiovascular diagnostic procedures.
- Become proficient in all aspects of adult echocardiography and non-invasive vascular scanning at an entry level position
- Be able to recognize common congenital heart defects
- Be able to recognize common vascular pathology
- Receive an integrated didactic classroom and clinical experience
- Prepare for the Sonography Principles and Instrumentation (“SPI”) and Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography (“Adult Echo RDCS-AE”) exams conducted by the ARDMS Boards, or the Registered Cardiac Sonography (“RCS”) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) exams of the CCI.
Thank you for your interest. In order to receive additional information on our School of Cardiac and Vascular Ultrasound, please provide the information below: